Fire And Special Perils

Fire And Special PerilsThis policy covers material damage caused by fire, lightening and explosion to your building, office/home furniture, equipment and electronics. Cover under this class of insurance can also be extended to cover the allied perils of flood, bursting, leaking or over-flowing of water pipes, apparatus and tanks, storm damage, riots and strikes as well as malicious damage.

According to Section 65 (2) of the Insurance Act 2003, all Public Buildings which include tenement houses, hostels, buildings occupied by a tenant, lodger or licensee and any building to which members of the public have ingress and egress for the purpose of obtaining educational or medical service, or for the purpose of recreation or transaction of business, must be insured against the hazards of collapse, fire, earthquake, storm and flood.

Authorised and Regulated by the National Insurance Commission (RIC 023)